1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
2tsp brown sugar
1 minced garlic clove
2 lbs beef tenderloin
kosher salt and pepper
1-2 loaves white Italian bread
¼ cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
2 tomatoes sliced in half
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
½ cup (4oz) gorgonzola cheese at room temperature
½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
Fresh chives, chopped
1. Combine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and garlic clove in a large Ziploc bag. Add beef, turn to coat; seal and marinate at room temperature for 25 minutes, turning once.
2. Preheat oven to 425⁰F. Place beef in a shallow roasting pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until beef reaches medium rare (130-135⁰F) or until desired degree of doneness.
3. Allow beef to rest for 15-20 minutes or refrigerate after resting if making a day ahead. Slice beef thinly.
4. Turn oven to the Broil setting. Slice bread on an angle and brush both sides lightly with olive oil. Broil each side until toasted and rub with halved garlic cloves. Rub top side with cut tomato and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
5. Cream together butter and gorgonzola and spread on toast. Top with beef and garnish with chives