6 sheets thawed filo dough
2 tbs melted butter
2 salmon fillets 6oz each, skin removed
Sea salt and pepper to taste
4 slices of vine ripe tomatoes
2 tbs arugula pesto (recipe to follow)
4 cups fresh spinach leaves
½ lemon juiced
1/3 c olive oil
Good quality balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400⁰F
2. Lay one sheet of filo dough on a board and gently brush with melted butter. Lay a second sheet on top and brush again with butter. Repeat for a third sheet of filo dough.
3. Place salmon in the middle of the dough and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Top with two tomato slices and one tablespoon of arugula pesto. Fold all three layers of dough over salmon to create a sealed parcel and brush again with butter. Repeat process for remaining filet.
4. Place parcels on a baking tray lined with foil and roast for 20 minutes until filo dough is golden and crispy.
5. Combine lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and whisk to dissolve salt. While whisking slowly, add olive oil until combined. Toss spinach leaves with enough dressing to lightly coat.
6. Place approx. 2 cups of spinach leaves on a plate and lay salmon parcel on top. Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with additional sea salt. Repeat for the second parcel.
2c fresh arugula leaves
1 tsp lemon zest
¼ c pine nuts
2 garlic cloves quartered
½ c grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
1/2 c olive oil
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. With the processor running gradually add olive oil until combined.