10 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries
4 ounces granulated sugar
10 ounces raspberry jam
2 tbs raspberry liquor
1. Place the raspberries, sugar and ¼ cup of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer raspberries to a food processor and add the jam and liquor, process until blended.
Sauce can be made several days in advance and refrigerated until needed.
For the Orange Curd:
12 ounces granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
¼ tsp sea salt
1. Peel the zest of the oranges, being careful to avoid the white pith and squeeze ½ cup of orange juice. Place zest and sugar in a food processor and process until finely minced.
2. Cream the butter in a stand mixer until fluffy, add the orange zest mixture and combine. Add the eggs, juice and salt and mix.
3. Transfer mixture to a sauce pan and cook over medium low heat until curd thickens and coats the back of a spoon, stirring regularly. Take care not to overcook as the eggs will begin to curdle.
Curd can be made several days in advance and refrigerated until needed.
For the Chocolate Lava Cake:
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
½ cup unsalted butter plus more for ramekins
4 tbs brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tbs cocoa powder
¼ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400⁰F
2. Butter the sides and bottom of four 6 ounce ramekins and coat with a thin layer of white sugar
3. In a double boiler, melt both chocolates and the butter together until just melted. Whisk the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add about ¼ of the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and whisk to combine. Continue adding chocolate in ¼ increments until completely combined.
4. Pour chocolate mixture into ramekins, filling about 1/3 of the way up. Add 2 tablespoons of the orange curd into the center of the chocolate mixture and top with remaining chocolate, filling ramekins about ¾ of the way up, allowing room for the mixture to rise. Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the top is just set.
5. Turn out of ramekins onto a plate, garnish with candied orange peel, chocolate shavings, raspberries and a good drizzle of raspberry sauce.